Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baptism

I have seen so many people grow in Christ over the past6-8 months and even taking a big step by getting baptize and i feel that i should have decided to get baptize a few weeks ago when there was a chance but due to my stubbornness i choose not to.

reasons why i choose not to

1. I felt like i would be a hypocrite because back in rice last year when i was talking to my friend at the big day out we were talking about baptism and saying how his friends sister got baptize after going to church for 6-12 months and im like WOW but said "man i going to follow Christ and go to church but never get baptize because its like GAME OVER that's your life sign away. so yeah felt like a hypocrite if i got baptize =_="

2. One of my friends told me you are ready to get baptize now after reading my testimony at BLT camp and i was like huh? how am i ready and he said well u know your wrongs and accepted Jesus as lord and savior and tats all you need. but im like ok.... but i dont feel ready yet due to point 1 and that its just not the right time and show how i came up with the figure in the next 2 years i will get baptize.

3. Well i felt that i wasnt ready to get baptize yet because it felt too meaning less since, only my Christen friends would get to see me and not my non-christen friends and i wanted to share my testimony to them and show how god can really change you. So due to that i didnt get baptize

4. what really was moving at the Baptizm i was at when i saw my friends get baptize was that i was thinking i should have been there or felt like someone said tat to me and im like yea... i should of just taken the big step and put GAME OVER on my past like and relive as a new person. At times i really felt like crying tears of JOy but as a guy u gotta hold it in :P

well after all this im waiting for the next chance to get baptize and seeing if im really ready by then because after these 4 points i figured who cares whoever sees me get baptize as long as i admit it to my friends after i do get baptize it would be sufficient because then I AM not ASAHMED anymore :D

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is seriously encouraging, especially your boldness in Him & God's amazing work in you. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your time man, when you go for it - just remember it will be to bring glory to God and not to please man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good on u, Ray. I know that sometimes, I get confused when these things happen, but God is in control - let this be an encouragement. Maybe it's his plan for things to go this way. But also, throughout last year, I think I've really seen u grow - I've seen it in your actions. Anyways, stay cool and try not to let your hat fly off ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey man, I dont think any of us could really say we arent hypocritical... and besides I think admitting one's pride and doing things God's way and saying yes to Jesus and no to self is an incredible testimony in itself... But yeah, take you time man, do it because you really really want to announce to the world that Jesus is everything to you and that nothing else comes close

    ReplyDelete